Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why are they always in Japanese?


Crocheting is my main hobby - and I'm no slouch, if I do say so myself. One of the greatest challenges facing a crochet purist is finding good crochet patterns for clothing.


It seems, that each time I find a pattern in Ravelry I like it's.....Japanese! I don't read Japanese - I don't know what those symbols mean. I can't even tell if it's free! And - if the pattern isn't in Japanese.....it's in some Scandinavian language that I also....don't know.


Well - all I have to say at this point is: Props to you in Japan....and the Scandinavian countries too. You make great patterns, even if I can't read them.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I know, I hate it when something looks so promising, and then is in a language I can't read (This also happens when I am doing research in the MLA database). This is part of the reason that Chachula's case for blueprint crochet patterns is so compelling - they aren't based on language!