Monday, January 18, 2010

Rugged Winter Vests and all that....

I received a post reply last week from my dear friend, and crochet partner in crime, the Domestic Scholar - she reminded me that there is, in fact, a great English language crochet pattern writer out there - Robyn Chachula. In an effort to rectify my "oops" in forgetting about some of my favorite pattern writers out there....well, all I can say is, this post is dedicated to YOU.

I have recently purchased Robyn's crochet book Blueprint Crochet - and have been very impressed by the patterns! Everything looks so lovely and easy to wear....as further evidenced by my friend's recently completed project!

In addition to Robyn's collection of work -here are some other fantastic crochet designers :


Take a look at their sites and patterns - it's all wearable, up-to-date, and modern. All of these ladies are quite talented - and I look forward to working up their patterns soon.....once I swim through my amazing crochet back log!

Speaking of the back log..... I am currently working on one of Robyn's patterns, the Rugged Winter Vest. It was going well, at first, until I realized I was off by 5 stitches around the pocket area. Being mathematically challenged to the point that I would never be able to right my wrong once I made it to the arm holes....I frogged the whole thing and began again.
Things are coming along well - I am on the second major section of the pattern. I realized last week that I had dropped 2 stitches on the pockets - again - and I'm not going back to fix it this time! ha!

Currently Reading:
Blueprint Crochet - Robyn Chachula
Little Dorritt - Charles Dickens
Wicked - Gregory Maquire
The Lady Elizabeth - Alison Weir





1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Yay! I'm so glad that you got BP Crochet. There are so many great patterns in there! Also, glad to see that you are reading Wicked. If you like that one, try Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister (my favorite by the author)